Language: German Level: Absolute Beginner (20 hours)
Location: your home or office
Topics, Vocabulay, Themes
• The alphabet and personal/basic greetings.
• Classroom language (Lesen Sie, Sprechen Sie…)
• Introductions – how to ask and say name, surname, where one lives, what one studies and does for living. Also, how to say your name, surname, place of living, studies and work
• Talking about someone else – what he/she studies, does for living, lives, name and surname
• Numbers (1-1,000,000). How to say telephone numbers and ask for telephone numbers
• Use of gender
• how to identify and say the address and city/country of residence
• Use of you formal “Sie”.
• How to say “how much is something” (wieviel kostet…).
• Dialogue in a restaurant. How to order food and drinks. Name foods and drinks in a coffee shop.
• Buying items from a market or a supermarket
• Comparing price and quality
• Months of the year, days of the week.
• How to say the time and ask for the time
• Talking about German/English holidays
• Compound nouns
• Phonetics – the alphabet
• Use of subject pronouns I, you, he/she/it, we, you they. Verb “sein” – to be
• Regular verbs and some common irregular verbs
• Masculine, feminine, neuter, singular, defined and undefined articles
• Use of the third person “er/sie/Sie” (he/she/you formal)
• Verb ‘möchten’ to express a wish
• Building questions/answers/word order( verb second)
• Imperatives (Lesen Sie, Gehen Sie…)
Absolute Beginners Greman Language Courses, German Course Content
German Language Lessons also available.